Internal Sales Person
Summary of Role
As an Internal sales person you will be an integral part of the future growth of the department and will be responsible for taking incoming enquiries and sending out quotations in line with our KPIs, as well as pro-actively following them up to covert to orders. You will need to have strong communication skills to enable you to build strong relationships with your customers. Your customers can be Builders Merchants or Contractors. The successful candidate will need to have a hunger to achieve and be very target driven.
If you are an organised individual with strong communication skills, some commercial awareness and wanting to progress a career in sales, then this role could be for you. We offer an excellent Induction to support your development with technical sales within the civils/construction sector.
- Achieve personal and department targets.
- Provide basic technical assistance and recommendations when required.
- Assist with the implementation of department sales and marketing strategies.
- Provide a 3 monthly sales forecast.
- Maintain and update customer relations management system.
- Develop new and existing targeted accounts.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing sales calls to existing and potential customers.
- Provide quotations from customer enquiries.
- Maintain and increase the conversion rate of quotations to orders.
Requirements of the role
- Experience in customer relations.
- Able to communicate at all levels.
- Computer Literate with good IT skills.
- Actively demonstrate the ‘Values and Behaviours’ of the business.
- Understand and work in line with the Stormwater management business plan.
- All team members throughout the Hansam Group.
- All customers either established or potential including Merchants, Contractors, Councils, Architects, Engineers and members of the Arboricultural community.
What we offer in return
- Competitive Salary.
- Office opening hours 8.15 – 5.00, standard working day is 7.5 hours, flexible shift options dependant on team cover. – offering an excellent work/life balance.
- Dress code smart/casual, dress down Friday.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. 4 or 5 days kept for Christmas shutdown.
- Structured Company Bonus, we can earn up to 10% of salary after 6months of probation.
- BUPA health care after 6 months’ probation.
- Auto-enrol Pension.